Why I Chose This Mop
There is only one mop I use to clean and maintain my new Pergo laminate floor. A Quickie Professional Hardwood Floor Mop. I made the decision to use this cleaning tool because:
- the flooring was expensive and tricky to install, and I wanted to make sure to properly care for it so it would last
- it’s lightweight
- it’s sturdy
- it has reusable and washable heads
- it’s easy to use
- it makes cleaning a snap
- it met all of Pergo’s guidelines
It Is Perfect For Cleaning Pergo Floors
Quickie has a number of cleaning products on the market, and until I read the stats on this one, I was ready to buy one of their smaller, less expensive mops.
I decided to buy this particular product because:
- The mop head is large (15” x 8 ¼”), so cleaning requires fewer swipes
- The mop head swivels, which makes it easy to get around furniture
- The handle is four feet long which gives it a good reach
- The handle has a built in hang up hole for storing the mop
- The mop heads are washable and therefore less costly
- The mop heads are made of microfiber, so they pick up and hold dust
- The mop is lightweight and easy to handle
- The back of the mop has a clasp for holding the handle in place while hanging
- The mop head can be used wet or dry
I bought one at Home Depot for just under $17.00. That was six months ago, and to date, I am still using the original mop heads.
Instructions For Use
Pergo told me that the best way to clean the floor with my Quickie mop was to
- Use one head to dry mop the floor
- Then mist the floor with a warmed mixture of vinegar and water
- After that use another head to mop up the misted solution. It is best to mist and mop as you go. (The solution is ¼ white vinegar to 1 gallon of water)
- 10 minutes and the floor looks like new
The mop heads can be cleaned in the washing machine using a small amount of gentle detergent.
They should then be air dried.
While the mop heads are hang drying, the sponge mop head underlay air dries and in a few hours, the mop is ready for use again.